Open Government und Open Parliament in NRW
The state of North Rhine-Westphalia is currently implementing its Open Government strategy. In her opening speech at the Future Forum in the plenary hall of the state parliament, the Minister President said: “Open.NRW is about nothing less than the further development of democracy. Representative democracy in the 21st century can certainly cope with a small update.”
Information on the OpenNRW state initiative can be found here: https://open.nrw/
Federal Government: The way to open government and administrative action
More transparency, cooperation and participation are the basis for tomorrow’s administrative work. Politics and administration should open up, be transparent, enable participation and act cooperatively. More and more citizens expect administrative data and information to be disclosed and they are given the opportunity to contribute their expertise and opinion to the decision-making processes of politics and administration.
- Information on the Federal Government’s Open Government Strategy can be found here: BMI-Open Government
- Open Knowledge Foundation: Open Data Handbuch
- BMI: Praktische Beispiele für den Nutzen offener Verwaltungdaten
- BMI: Chancen, Nutzen und praktische Umsetzung von Open Data
- State Government NRW: Open.NRW-Strategie
- DStGB, KGSt & Vitako Open Data in Kommunen
- Bonn: Open Data-Vorgehensmodell
- Michael Güebeler: Open Data der Stadt Zürich – Was bringt’s?
- Interview: Es braucht Daten, um Politik verstehen zu können
- DDJ Catalogue: datenjournalistische Projekte
- OGP: Crowdsourcing a UK Open Government Partnership Manifesto
- Forbes: How Open Data is transforming City Life
- Open Knowledge Festival 2014: Business Models that take advantage of Open Data Opportunities
- Enrico Ferro: Business Models for PSI Re-Use
- Atty Vistal: Why should local governments open its data to the public?